Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Text Lost for 9 Months Finally Recovered.....

Lafayette, LA-On July 24th, 2011, Joel Seth Morgan sent a love text to his girlfriend, Cheverelle Bernstein. The couple had texted back and forth on a nearly daily basis while Joel was working at his father's plumbing accessories business as a way to help save up enough money to buy a car, and she was spending a couple weeks with her older sister in New Orleans. But this text, in which Joel told Cheverelle that he thought it would be "cool with him if she was like his girlfriend or whatever" never reached its final destination until last week.


"I remember that text like it was yesterday," Morgan explains. "I just helped fill a huge order of insulated suspension clamps so I was, like, really worked up. Plus I drank like 5 Red Bulls. So I was, like, I'm just going for it man."
Dirk Crenshaw, an employee at the Verizon store where Bernstein recycled her old phone found the lost text while reformatting the device for resale. He immediately called the intended recipient to give her the news. "I'm a hopeless romantic, what can I say?" 
"The whole thing brings back memories," Bernstein revealed, while fighting back tears. She was just 16-years-old at the time he wrote the text. Now nearly 17, she wonders how differently things might have turned out if she had seen it. "I'm like, you know, what if I hadn't hooked up with that guy on Bourbon street?" 
A few weeks after the text was sent, Morgan returned to start his senior year of high school and Bernstein was sent to a boarding school up north. They haven't spoken since.

No comments: